Leadership Appreciation Reception
The Leadership Appreciation Reception honors and recognizes student leaders and student organizations that have enriched the University of Rochester's community through their self-development, programs, publications, activities, and community service.
This year's reception will be held on Friday, December 6, 2019 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Feldman Ballroom, Douglass Commons. This event is invitation-only and for organizations that are College Student Organizations. RSVP is required. Attire is business casual.
Awards given during the reception:
- Alice DeSimone Award
- Ana Hubbard Award
- Outstanding New Student Organization
- Outstanding Business Managers
- Outstanding Presidents
- Student Organization Photo Winner
- Medallion Program Level Completions
- 3:15 p.m. — Registration opens
- 3:30 p.m. — Doors open, Mix and Mingle
- 3:45 p.m. — Awards
- College Student Organization Awards
- Medallion Program Level Completion Recognition
- Ana Hubbard and Alice DeSimone Awards
- 4:40 p.m. — Closing Remarks
- Photos, Gratitude Activity, Food
- 5:00 p.m. — Program Concludes
Nominees need not be in high-profile or formal positions of leadership to be considered. Instead, this award recognizes dedication, enthusiasm, collaboration, and positive role modeling as leadership traits that help promote and maintain a strong quality of life for all. This award can and will be given to more than one student in their junior, senior, or fifth year (e5 or Take 5).
- Melissa Bucklin
- Anne Marie Cortes
- Rachel Goodman
- Angellica Lara
- Vennela Pandaraboyina
- Brendan Stone
- Eric Weidman
The Ana Hubbard Award was established in 2009 by friends and family in memory of Ana Hubbard, class of 1999. Wilson Commons Student Activities presents the Ana Hubbard Award in recognition of a student whose participation in a student organization has improved their life, provided valuable skills, and contributed to the vitality of their student organization and campus community. This award can and will be given to a student in their junior, senior, or fifth year (e5 or Take 5).
The Outstanding New College Student Organization Award is awarded to an undergraduate, University-recognized student organization that has been around between one and four years. This student organization demonstrates moving beyond the expectations of a startup organization. Organizations will also exhibit a lasting impact on the campus environment for all students. Self-nominations accepted. College Student Organizations must have recieved the designation of "Meets" or "Exceeds Expectations" on the organizations most recent Student Organization Annual Review (SOAR) from the Students' Association Government and Wilson Commons Student Activities.
Club Field Hockey
This award is for a College Student Organization business manager who performed the responsibilities of their leadership role in an exceptional way which fostered the success of their organization. Modeled the Meliora Values in their behaviors and actions. Review the Meliora Values
Student need not apply. This is based off of nominations only. Qualified candidates must have held the business manager position of a College Student Organization during the previous Spring semester or the current Fall semester. They must be currently enrolled undergraduates students and an active member of the organization.
This award is for a College Student Organization President who performed the responsibilities of their leadership role in an exceptional way which fostered the success of their organization. Modeled the Meliora Values in their behaviors and actions. Review the Meliora Values
Student need not apply. This is based off of nominations only. Qualified candidates must have held the President position of a College Student Organization during the previous Spring semester or the current Fall semester. They must be currently enrolled undergraduates students and an active member of the organization.
- Best Group Portrait: The selected photo best captures an organization's members in a thoughtful reflective moment.
- Best CCC Page: This prize is given to the organization that best uses the options on CCC to visually showcase their organization.
- Best Creative Group: The selected photo captures the vision and spirit of an organization in an inspired way.
- Best Group Portrait: Marching Pep Band
- Best CCC page: Simulation Gaming Association
- Best Creative Group Image: Mock Trial