Occupational Health Services Offered by UHS
The University Health Service (UHS) works to improve the health and safety of the University community through a variety of occupational health services provided to employees and departments that are non-hospital based. For questions about UHS occupational health services, please call (585) 275-4955.
Services provided by UHS include:
- Pre-placement health assessments and annual health updates for selected staff and health profession student groups
- Assistance for blood/body fluid exposures for health profession students.
- OSHA mandated hearing conservation program
- Research or program specific health monitoring (e.g., biosafety labs, Vivarium)
- Care for work-related injuries (e.g., sprains, falls)
- Blood pressure monitoring for University staff and first aid care provided by a registered nurse
- Respirator Fit Testing – UHS conducts respirator fit testing for employees who work in non-hospital based areas of the University. Prior to being fit tested, employees must review the UR General Respirator Training that is available through MyPath. Appointments at UHS are scheduled by calling (585) 275-4955.
As of February 28, 2022, UHS occupational health services are offered at the UHS Building on River Campus, 738 Library Road, Floor 2. This impacts Occupational Health only; UHS Primary Care Services will still be provided at the Medical Center. The Occupational Health Program phone number remains the same: (585) 275-4955.
Directions to University Health Service, River Campus
Stop at the Information Booth on Wilson Boulevard, corner of Elmwood Avenue. The Information Booth Attendant will give you a Dash Pass to put on your dashboard while parking in a designated UHS parking spot in the Library Lot.
Proceed straight on Wilson Boulevard, turn right on Library Road.
Continue to the top of the road, at the 2nd stop sign, turn left onto Intercampus Drive. Proceed a few yards, turn left into the Library Lot parking lot.
Scan the barcode from the dash pass when you approach the parking lot gate. You must park in a UHS designated spot. The designated spots are located on the right side of the Library Road Lot, next to the UHS Building.
Place the dash pass on your dashboard before coming into the UHS Building. The Dash Pass authorizes you to park in a UHS parking spot for up to 2 hours. If the pass is not on your dashboard, or if you are parked longer than 2 hours, you run the risk of receiving a parking ticket.
Occupational Health Services Offered by SMH EH
Strong Employee Health (SMH EH) provides occupational health services for hospital-based employees and employees who have a blood borne pathogen exposure (e.g., needle stick, eye splash). For employee blood exposures, call the Strong Employee Health Blood Exposure Hotline at (585) 275-1164.
PLEASE NOTE: The University Health Service provides services for University of Rochester health profession students who have blood exposures. See Blood/Body Fluid Exposures for instructions for contacting UHS for assistance.