Emergency On-Call 24/7
- If you are concerned about an immediate threat to the life or safety of a student, call Public Safety on-campus (585-275-3333) or 911 off-campus.
- Outside of UCC office hours, there is a UCC professional on-call to address urgent mental health crises and emergencies. To reach them, call our main office number: (585) 275-3113.
- My SSP is also available 24/7 for urgent on demand support for mental health crises via text or phone. Download the app or go to https://www.myssp.app/us/home and start a chat. Support is available in English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin and simplified Chinese for the text.
- Counselors in Residence are available overnight and on weekends during the academic year. During their shifts they will accompany Public Safety Officers on any mental health-related calls that DPS receives. They may also provide onsite support to Residential Life and UCC on-call providers. To reach a CIR, please call DPS (275-3333), UCC (275-3113) or contact your RA.
Sexual Assault Resources
- To talk to Public Safety, call: (585) 275-3333
- To talk to a RESTORE counselor, call (585) 546-2777
- To find other resources on sexual assault, check the Sexual Misconduct website
Other Crisis Support
269 Alexander Street, Rochester, NY 14607
No-fee, recovery-oriented 8-bed respite program for individuals experiencing psychiatric crisis
Affinity Place Warm Line
St. Mary’s Medical Campus Behavioral Health Access and Crisis Center
65 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
No appointments necessary, walk-ins welcome from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM daily
For those who need help with substance abuse or urgent mental health needs
Mental Health Association Self-Help Drop-In Support Services
344 N. Goodman St.
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 325-3145 x300
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM daily
Crisis Text Line – Available 24/7 by texting “HOME” to 741741