Guidelines for Health Profession Students and Eastman Institute for Oral Health Residents
BLOOD EXPOSURE Hotline: (585) 275-2662
The University Health Service provides services for University of Rochester health profession students who experience blood/body fluid exposures (e.g., needlestick, splash).
Students should download all of the documents below and follow the instructions.
- Blood Exposure Hotline – For Health Professional Students
- Source HIV Consent and Release
- Expect the Test – HIV Teaching (NYS DOH)
- Incident Report Instructions
- Risk of Transmission – Patient Information Sheet
PLEASE NOTE: Hospital-based employees and other employees who experience a blood borne pathogen exposure (e.g., needle stick, eye splash) should follow the instructions in the Blood Exposure Guidelines on the Strong Employee Health (SMH EH) website.