A message for students enrolled on the UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna)
Due to recent developments regarding COVID-19, we wanted to reassure you that your access to the benefits provided by the UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna) are still available and provide coverage regardless of your location, including internationally. Your coverage is in effect through July 31, 2020.
The link to the Online Health Insurance Process for 2020-2021 is now open. All full-time students must complete this online process by September 15 to enroll or waive the UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna) for 2020-2021. It is recommended that undergraduate students complete this online process by July 10 if possible.
Some helpful information about the UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna):
- If you are 50 plus miles away from UHS, a referral is no longer required for a provider or specialist services.
- Click here to search for a participating provider in your area.
- Click here to obtain your health insurance card.
- Click here for more information about health insurance for full-time students.
The Online Health Insurance Process is scheduled to open on Tuesday, June 9. All full-time students must complete this online process every year to enroll or waive the UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Undergraduate students are recommended to complete this online process by July 6 to assure proper billing on their first tuition billing statement. The final deadline for completing the Online Health Insurance Process is September 15.
Important Update about COVID-19 Coverage under the UR Student Health Insurance (Aetna):
- No cost to members for COVID-19 testing where medically necessary consistent with CDC guidelines
- No cost to members for medically necessary office, urgent care, or Emergency Room visits related to COVID-19
- No cost to members for Telemedicine/Telehealth visits
Tax Information for Students on UR Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna)
For the 2019 tax year, University of Rochester students who were enrolled in the UR Student Health Insurance Plan in 2019 will not be receiving a 1095-B Tax Form. The IRS has removed the individual penalties and relaxed the rules for reporting coverage on forms 1095-B. If you do find the need for a 1095-B form, please contact your UHS Insurance Advisor for assistance at email@example.com. Please Note: The deadline for submitting taxes has been moved to Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
Questions? We understand this is an uncertain time for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact your UHS Insurance Advisor with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-275-2637.
For the latest updates about COVID-19 from the University: Please see the University homepage: http://www.rochester.edu/