University Health Service
Locations and Hours
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM UHS – 3/20/20
UHS Hours – Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020
Following Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order, the University Health Service will be on minimal staffing beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. Entrance to the UHS Building and the UHS office in the Medical Center is limited to UHS staff and patients with scheduled appointments.
If you do not have a scheduled appointment, call 585-275-2662 before coming into a UHS office. Whenever UHS offices are closed, a UHS physician is on-call and available for urgent concerns that cannot wait until the offices re-open. If you need medical assistance, call UHS at 585-275-2662.
- UHS River Campus Office (UHS Building) – This office will be open weekdays from 8:00-5:00 with minimal staffing.
- UHS Medical Center Office – This office will be open weekdays from 8:00-5:00 with minimal staffing.
- UHS Eastman School Office – This office will be closed during the week of March 23. During the week of March 30, the office will be open from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon with minimal staffing.
- UHS Administrative Office (2nd Floor) – The UHS Administrative Office will be closed to visitors. The majority of staff members will be working from home and will be available by e-mail.
- University Counseling Center (3rd Floor) – UCC offices will be closed. UCC will be offering virtual therapy sessions to full-time students who will be in the Rochester area. Check the University Counseling Center on this website for more information for services for students. Call 585-275-3113 for assistance.
UHS Locations and Hours
The University Health Service (UHS) has medical offices on the River Campus, in the Medical Center, and at the Eastman School of Music. Visits to the University Health Service are covered by the mandatory health fee.
Visits to UHS are by appointment. To schedule an appointment at any UHS office, call (585) 275-2662. During the week, appointments are available with UHS physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses. On weekends, the office is staffed by a registered nurse.
Appointments for pre-employment health assessments and other occupational health services are scheduled at the UHS Medical Center Office. (See below.)
Whenever UHS offices are closed, a UHS physician is on-call and available by phone for urgent concerns that cannot wait until the offices re-open.
During school breaks, the hours change at the UHS offices. For specific information about hours during the upcoming breaks, check UHS Holiday Hours.
UHS River Campus Office
Phone: (585) 275-2662
1st Floor, UHS Building (UHS Building Map)
738 Library Road, Box 270617, River Campus, Rochester, NY 14627
Hours during the academic year:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m.–5:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm-6:00pm
- This office is open weekdays during breaks and summers.
Hours during winter break, spring break, and summer:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:00am to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday – 9:00-5:00 p.m.
- During the summer, the office closes at 4:00 on Fridays.
UHS Medical Center Office
Phone: (585) 275-2662
Room 1-5077, UR Medical Center (If driving to this office, park in the ramp garage by the Strong Memorial Hospital entrance. Exit the garage at the first floor. Walk by the Information Desk and follow the orange ceiling tags to the UHS office in Room 1-5077.)
- Monday, Wed., Thursday, Friday 8:00 a.m.–12:00 pm, 12:30-5:00
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m.–12:00 pm, 12:30-5:00
- This office is open weekdays all year. During the summer, the office closes at 4:00 on Fridays.
UHS Eastman School Office
Room 106, ESM Student Living Center
- Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- This office is closed during winter and spring breaks and summers.
UHS Health Promotion Office
2nd Floor, UHS Building
738 Library Road, Box, 270472, River Campus, Rochester, NY 14627
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- This office is open weekdays all year. During the summer, the office closes at 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.