University Health Service
To be eligible for waiver of the University-sponsored insurance, the student’s health insurance plan must meet the following minimum standards.
- Must cover a minimum of $500,000 in medical benefits due to illness, accident, or injury per plan year.
- Must have a deductible of $5,000 US or less per covered person per plan year. (Note: Plans without a deductible meet this requirement.)
- Must cover prescription medications to a minimum of $100,000 US per plan year.
- Must cover all pre-existing health conditions without restrictions.
- Must cover mental health conditions at the same level as other medical conditions.
- Must cover care related to pregnancy and delivery for female students.
- Must cover injuries related to intercollegiate athletics and recreational activities.
- Must cover care for self-inflicted injury, attempted suicide, and suicide.
- Must cover healthcare (non-emergency) in the Rochester, New York region.
- Must be in force for the duration of the academic year, or through the end of the month in which graduation occurs or the student’s academic program ends.