The housing contract can be found in your admissions packet. The contract due date is due June 1, 2020.
Here is a copy of the housing contract language.
While it is important for you to read the whole housing contract, there are some important things for you to note, including:
- UR has a two year housing requirement. All first-year and sophomores are required to live in University housing (unless you have residential life office’s approval to live with parents or a close relative).
- Your residence hall contract is binding for two years, starting upon submission. If you sign other contracts for successive years, each of them is binding for the full academic year.
- Your minimum meal plan requirement is tied to your residence hall. A new dining contract will need to be submitted each year as you progress through your undergraduate career.
- All students are required to have a meal plan, even if they live off campus.
- Due to ongoing health questions related to COVID-19, we will not be offering triple occupancy rooms for 2020-2021.
- The residence halls and dining centers are officially closed during winter recess, though several residence halls will be designated as break housing locations and will remain open on a limited basis. These usually include Susan B. Anthony Halls, Southside and the Maisonettes, and Riverview/Brooks Crossing.
Students should also read the Fire and Life Safety Guidelines/Checklist PDF.