Skip to main content

General Information

Room Change Request Guidelines

Upperclass students seeking a potential room change during the summer months should complete the upperclass room change request form (PDF) and email it to

It is the student's responsibility to cancel a room change request that is no longer desired. If the Office for Residential Life is not able to process a room change during the summer or fall, the student will need to submit a new room change request for winter break and spring semester.

During the fall and spring semesters, the Office for Residential Life will contact you prior to any move and extend you the right to accept or decline a room change offer. Once you are offered a new room assignment, you will be given 48 hours to make a decision to accept or decline the new assignment. Failure to decide within the specified time limit will result in the offer being withdrawn.

A student who refuses three offers will be placed at the end of their class year on the room change list and be considered after their fellow classmates.

After accepting the offer, students have two business days to check in and out at their designated area offices. Failure to move within the specified time will result in the change being canceled and an administrative fee to their bill.

Meal Plan Change

Important note: room changes to an area with a different meal plan will result in a meal plan change.

Meal plan requirements are assigned by residential group:

  • Resident Group 1: Genesee, Gilbert, Hoeing, Susan B. Anthony, Tiernan
  • Resident Group 2: Burton, Chamber, Crosby, Fairchild, Gale, Kendrick, Lovejoy, Munro, O’Brien, Slater, any house on the fraternity quad without kitchen access
  • Resident Group 3:Anderson, Wilder, Douglass Leadership House, Drama House, SAM, Sig Ep, DKE
  • Resident Group 4:Brooks Crossing, DeKiewiet, the Maisonettes, Riverview Apartments, Valentine, Hill Court 1 bedroom apartments

If a move allows for a reduction or requires an increase in meal plan, student has five days to request a plan change or will be assigned a meal plan in accordance with that residential group. Requests can be made via email to