University Health Service
Scheduling an Appointment at UHS
Visits to the University Health Service (UHS) are by appointment. Patients can schedule an appointment at any UHS office by calling 585-275-2662. For more information about scheduling an appointment at UHS, click here. If you need to cancel your appointment, please call 585-275-2662 to leave a message. We would like 24 hours notice.
- With questions about COVID-19: Email UHS at email@example.com. You can also call UHS at 585-275-2662 with questions. Please call UHS before coming to the office if you have traveled outside the United States or over 100 miles from Rochester, if you might have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if you have symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
- UHS Primary Care Provider: To contact your UHS health care provider, you must use UHSConnect, our secure messaging system. Instructions for registering for UHSConnect are available at UHSConnect Secure Messaging.
- Health History Form & Immunization Requirement: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-275-0697. (Please check the “Frequently Asked Questions” to see if your question is answered before emailing or calling the office.)
- Health Information Line: Call 585-275-1160 weekdays throughout the year to speak with a registered nurse about a health concern.
- Health Insurance for Full-time Students: Write to email@example.com or call 585-275-2637.
- UHS Director’s Office: Call 585-275-2679.
List of Phone Numbers for Specific UHS offices:
Phone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses are available for specific offices within UHS. The mailing address for the University Health Service is Box 270617, 738 Library Road, Rochester, NY 14627.
Contacting UHS When the Offices Are Closed
Whenever the UHS offices are closed, a UHS physician is on-call and available by phone from home for urgent concerns that cannot wait until UHS re-opens. To contact the on-call physician after hours, call 585-275-2662 for instructions for reaching the on-call physician. Check here for help deciding if your condition is urgent.
- If your concern is urgent: Call UHS at 585-275-2662.
- In an emergency, call Public Safety at 585-275-3333 if on campus (911 if off campus). The River Campus Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) responds to emergencies on campus day or night throughout the academic year. The services are free and confidential.
Sending UHS a Non-Urgent Message
If you have a question about COVID-19, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send a message to UHS by e-mail by typing your questions and comments in the box below. You can expect a response within one or two days. E-mail is used for non-clinical questions.
If your question is urgent, call UHS at 585-275-2662. If you have a question for your UHS or UCC health care provider, you must use UHSConnect (see “UHS Primary Care Provider” in the Contacting UHS section above).