University Health Service
UHSConnect Secure Messaging
UHS patients who would like to communicate with their University Health Service and University Counseling Center health care providers must do so via UHSConnect, a secure messaging service. You can use UHSConnect to send messages to your UHS/UCC provider(s) and to receive messages, lab, and other test results. All information communicated via UHSConnect is secure, confidential and becomes a part of your UHS/UCC electronic health record.
If you have already registered, go to https://UHSConnect.ur.rochester.edu to login or to reset your password. You will receive an email message any time a UHS or UCC provider sends you a secure message through UHSConnect.
For urgent or life-threatening concerns, call UHS (585-275-2662), UCC (585-275-3113), or Public Safety (585-275-3333).
Instructions for Registering
1. Go to https://uhsconnect.ur.rochester.edu. If you are manually typing the address into your web browser, be sure to include https:// at the beginning.
2. Click on “Click Here to Register.”
3. Enter the following information:
- UHSConnect ID number (This number is given to you by a UHS staff member. It cannot be given by phone. You will need this number every time you login to UHSConnect.)
- Birthdate (Enter 8 characters: mmddyyyy)
- E-Mail (Must match email in UHS system)
- Security Question (You choose one of four questions.)
- Security Question Answer (Must be at least 6 characters or longer)
- See FAQs below.
4. You will receive an email containing a link to set your password for UHSConnect. The link is valid for 20 minutes.
5. Click on the link in the email. Enter the answer to your security question and set your password.
6. A “Password Confirmation Successful” message will display. Click on the prompt to login to UHSConnect.
If you have a problem: Check the UHSConnect FAQs below or write to email@example.com for assistance. Please put UHSConnect in the subject line and include specific details of your problem, including type of computer and browser you are using. Let us know how you would like to be contacted to solve the problem. You should expect a response within 2 working days.
If You Forget Your Password
- Go into UHSConnect (https://uhsconnect.ur.rochester.edu).
- Click on “Forgot Your Password? Click to Re-set.” (This prompt appears below the login box.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I cannot get into the UHSConnect web site. Check to be sure you typed the full address including https://. If you typed in the full address and still cannot get into the site, write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I am not sure what e-mail address to use.
- Students: You must use your official University e-mail address. We cannot use another e-mail address for students.
- Non-students: You must use the e-mail you gave when you became a patient at UHS. Generally this is not a University e-mail address.
If you do not remember the e-mail UHS has for you, write to email@example.com from the e-mail address you want UHS to use. We can confirm this address in our system.
I entered the requested information, but I was denied access.
- E-mail Address: See FAQ above.
- Birthdate: Check your birthdate to be sure it is correct. Use the mmddyyyy format. (Note: The date starts with the month.)
- Answer to the security question: Be sure your answer is at least 6 characters or longer.
I did not receive an email link to set my password. Check your Junk/Spam/Clutter folders to see if it went into one of these folders. If you find the message in one of these folders, adjust your settings, so UHSConnect messages go into your inbox.
The link expired before I could set my password. You will need to complete the registration process again. When you receive the email to set your password, the link is only valid for 20 minutes.
I misplaced my UHSConnect ID number. You can e-mail or come to a UHS office and ask for your ID #. We cannot give you your number by phone.
How do I use UHSConnect? You will receive an e-mail message to let you know when your UHS or UCC provider sends you a secure message through UHSConnect. You go into UHSConnect to respond or to send a message. UHSConnect must not be used for urgent or life-threatening concerns.
UHSConnect must NOT be used for urgent or life-threatening concerns. If your concern is urgent, call UHS at 585-275-2662 or Public Safety at 585-275-3333 for assistance.