University Counseling Center
UHSConnect Secure Messaging
The UHSConnect portal is the only secure way to allow communication between your University Counseling Center (UCC) therapist and you, as well as your University Health Service (UHS) providers.
The UHSConnect portal is used by UCC to request that you fill out the CCAPS form — a comprehensive initial assessment tool which helps identify symptoms and areas of concern. The CCAPS is also administered at regular intervals throughout your treatment to assess change in psychological symptoms during treatment.
For urgent or life-threatening concerns, call UCC (585-275-3113), UHS (585-275-2662), or Public Safety (585-275-3333).
Instructions for Registering
1. Go to https://uhsconnect.ur.rochester.edu. If you are manually typing the address into your web browser, be sure to include https:// at the beginning.
2. Click on “Click Here to Register.”
3. Enter the following information:
- User ID number (You will need this number every time you login to UHSConnect.)
- Students: You will use your student ID number (if you have used the PyraMED ID number in the past, that will still be active.)
- Non-students: You will use the PyraMED ID number. We cannot give you your number by phone.
- Birthdate (Enter 8 characters: mmddyyyy)
- E-Mail (Must match email in UHSConnect system and be all lower case. See UHSConnect FAQ)
- Security Question (You choose one of four questions.)
- Security Question Answer (Must be at least 6 characters or longer)
4. You will receive an email containing a link to set your password for UHSConnect. The link is valid for 20 minutes.
5. Click on the link in the email. Enter the answer to your security question and set your password.
6. A “Password Confirmation Successful” message will display. Click on the prompt to login to UHSConnect.
If you have a problem: Check the UHSConnect FAQs or write to email@example.com for assistance. Please put UHSConnect in the subject line and include specific details of your problem, including type of computer and browser you are using. Let us know how you would like to be contacted to solve the problem. You should expect a response within 2 working days.
If You Forget Your Password
1. Go into UHSConnect.
2. Click on “Forgot Your Password? Click to Re-set.” (This prompt appears below the login box.)