Office of Human Resources
Fasten Your Financial Seatbelt
As part of Financial Literacy Month, the University of Rochester Benefits Office would like to remind you of these helpful tools and resources that we offer to our employees to help you become more educated about your financials:
1. Financial Health Bite Seminars: Provided multiple times each month, these presentations cover a variety of topics to teach attendees about different tools, techniques, and resources that can assist in their financial wellbeing. Upcoming presentations:
- July 19 – Preventing Identity Theft
- July 26 – Strategies for a Healthier Financial Picture
- August 2 & 16 – Refinancing Your Student Loans
2. Retirement Planning Basics: You don’t have to be a benefits expert to make the most of your retirement plan. Learn how to create a financial plan that is right for you at www.tiaa.org/public/offer/insights/retirement-planning.
3. University Home Ownership Incentive Program: Thinking of buying a house? This program provides new homeowners in qualifying City of Rochester neighborhoods with $3,000 from the University, $3,000 from the City, and $3,000 from a participating bank/credit union. For more information, visit http://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/benefits/housing.
4. Financial Stress Assistance: Studies show that people dealing with financial stress are more likely to struggle with depression, anxiety and heart problems; they also experience more relationship issues and substance abuse problems. Don’t let a problem become a crisis. Life-Work Connections/EAP provides confidential services at no cost to employees and their families to assist you in solving these financial issues, and deal with the stress that comes with them.
5. Health Savings Account: Do you have a Health Savings Account? If so, you have the option to grow your HSA through possible investment returns by investing into securities such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds! To learn more about your HSA investment options, contact PayFlex or HSA Bank
For more benefits information check out Latest Benefits News.