Via Benefits offers a greater number of personalized health plans from multiple insurance companies in the geographic areas of our retirees.
This approach comes with several advantages, including:
- Expert advice from licensed Medicare specialists year-round
- A Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) fund
- More individualized coverage
- Retirees will have many choices in plans, carriers, and price points. Plans can be individualized to suit retiree needs best.
- Retirees will be able to select Original Medicare Parts A & B and additional Coverage which includes Medicare Advantage (Part C), Medicare Supplement (Medigap), and Prescription Drug (Part D).
- There are many carriers to choose from as well. Some of these include AARP, United HealthCare, Aetna, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, MVP, Humana, Express Scripts, Silver Script, and Well Care.
Visit our Health Reimbursement Arrangement page to learn more about HRAs, including eligibility, reimbursements, and University contributions.