The Career Path Modernization (CPM) project has made significant progress and will advance toward implementation in January 2024.
The CPM project enters the next phase to ensure staff members are in a job classification that best represents the work they do.
As we reflect on the past year, we want to share the milestones we reached in 2021, our goals for 2022, and invite you to join us for our upcoming Community Forum and Q&A sessions.
Reorganizing our job structure is a complex project that will have widespread effects on the organization. It will change the way we work, the processes we follow and the foundation for how we approach other projects at the University.
- the development, organization and implementation of a job structure and corresponding job profiles that accurately reflects the work being done at UR.
- the creation of a structure for how employees may progress in their careers consistent with organizational needs.
- a project that will give employees visibility into different career paths and empower their own professional development.
- the establishment of levels and requirements for career progression that will guide growth opportunities.
- the assignment of jobs to the appropriate level in our new job structure.
- a method for organizing positions for classification clarity and transparency.
- the creation of a compensation system in which pay is assessed relative to the market.
- a project that will provide consistency, fairness and increased transparency to compensation decisions.
- the identification of instances where pay is not competitive or internally aligned so that leadership is able to plan and fund over time.
- an effort to change the responsibilities of employees.
- intended to reorganize departments or units.
- the same as training or individual career development planning.
- a budget savings initiative.
- an automatic raise for all employees.
- a guarantee of promotion based only upon meeting the qualifications for the next level in a career path and without consideration for the University’s strategic planning needs.
Learn more about the CPM project
We’re here to help
Attend an employee forum to learn more about this project. You can also share your feedback or contact the project team at CPM@rochester.edu.