Office of Human Resources
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged savings account available to eligible individuals enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan as defined by the IRS (i.e. YOUR HSA-Eligible Plan). An HSA allows accountholders to save tax-free dollars to pay for out-of-pocket qualified medical expenses (as defined by the IRS) incurred once the account is open.
- Health Savings Account Video
- Tax-Advantage Accounts Guide
- HSA Bank (for Excellus members)
- HSA Bank
- How to: Navigating HSA Bank's Member Website
- How To: Request HSA Distributions and Contributions
- Investment Options for HSA Funds
- How an HSA Works
- HSA Bank's Mobile App
- How to Make Individual Online HSA Contributions
- 2016 End-of-Year Reminders
- HSA Educational Session Presentation – HSA Bank
- PayFlex (Aetna members)
- Refer to IRS Publication 502 for information regarding medical and dental related expenses eligible for reimbursement through a Health Savings Account.
Note: Individuals represented by collective bargaining agreements receive benefits in accordance with those agreements.