1 Year Before Retirement
Understand Your Benefits
Plan Your Finances
3 Months Before Retirement
If You and/or Your Spouse/Domestic Partner are Medicare-Eligible
1 Month Before Retirement
- Retirement Reminders
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) ends on date of retirement. You have 90 days from retirement date to submit for any eligible expenses incurred up to retirement date.
- Life Insurance – please refer to your Post-Retirement Benefits Summary for further information on the different policies offered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – any balance left in your PTO bank will be paid out at retirement.
- Vacation – any balance left in your Vacation bank will be paid out, up to a maximum of one year's entitlement. To check your maximum annual entitlement, log in to HRMS and click on the “View my Vacation Balance” picture on the main screen.
- Vacation/PTO – you will receive your vacation/PTO payout in the pay period following your final wages check. This will be a separate, live check sent to your home address listed in HRMS.
- You may begin taking withdrawals from your TIAA account after your retirement is processed. Contact TIAA at 1-800-410-6497 to obtain paperwork or to schedule an appointment to discuss your retirement income.
- You can obtain a Retiree ID card if you are no longer working. Wait about a month after retirement and contact your ID office prior to coming in in order to confirm their records reflect your retirement status.
- If you want to continue to receive @Rochester emails, email At-Rochester@UR.rochester.edu with the email address you would like added to the distribution list.
- You will be billed quarterly on the last month of each quarter for health and dental retiree premiums. Bills are mailed out around March 15th, June 15th, September 15th and December 15th to your home address listed in HRMS.
- Open Enrollment materials will be mailed to your home each year. Review the plan and rate information to ensure your plan remains the best option for you for the following year.
Am I Eligible to Retire? Retirement Checklist 2019 Retiree Health Care Rates 2018 Retiree Health Care Rates Medicare Health Plans Dental Plans