Office of Human Resources
Fresh. Local. Healthy. Affordable.
The University of Rochester Farmers Market connects the UR community to sustainable foods from local farmers. Each week, more than 20 vendors offer seasonal produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, spices, meats and more. Market customers can meet the vendors, sample goods, and receive nutrition education and cooking tips.
Details: Open from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 25 through October 15* in Flaum Atrium at the Medical Center. Cash and credit cards accepted by most vendors.
Vision: By increasing access to fresh, local, and affordable food, the new farmers market is in alignment with Well-U's mission to support employee health.
*Market will not be held on 7/16
Farm to Table Recipes
- March 5: Cauliflower Recipes
- March 19: Kale Recipes
- March 26: Beet Recipes
- April 9: Roasted Root Vegetables
- April 16: Carrot Slaw with Honey
- April 23: Greens and Beans
- May 7: Hummus
- May 21: Asparagus, Jicama, Red Pepper, & Corn Salad
- May 28: Super Smoothies
- June 25: Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
- July 2: Perfect Picnic
- July 9: Summer Squash
- July 23: Homemade Dressing
- August 6: Blueberries
- August 27: Sweet Corn