At some point in life you will face challenges to your emotional or mental health. The University of Rochester offers many programs and services for employees and their families to help during these times. Resources are available for stress, relationship issues, drug/alcohol dependency, and a variety of other challenges.
Learn more about these resources below.
UR Medicine EAP
The UR Medicine Employee Assistance Program helps assess issues and provides short-term counseling, or referral as needed.
UR Medicine EAP is available for all employees and their immediate family members, and is a free resource. Employees and each member of their household receive up to 5 visits annually, free of charge. UR Medicine EAP is available for a variety of issues, including:
- Anxiety or depression
- Child and adolescent issues
- Coping with chronic illness
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family, marriage, and other relationship issues
- Grief and bereavement
- Legal and financial problems
- Stress-related illness
- Working parents support
UR Medicine EAP is also available for one-time presentations for your department. For a full list of options and to organize an event, visit our Department Requests page.
Behavioral Health Partners
Behavioral Health Partners (BHP) is a unique mental health service offering confidential, short-term, evidence based treatment for stress, depression, and anxiety. Services include individual therapy, medication management, and consultation with primary care physicians.
BHP is available for all employees who are enrolled in a University health care plan.
Reference additional in-depth information about the UR Medicine EAP and BHP.
Additional mental health resources
- Stress management programs – Well-U offers a variety of programs and activities for University employees to assist in reducing day-to-day stress.
- Depression Coaching & Self Management Program – Work one-on-one with a wellness coach to help you manage the symptoms of depression.
- Support groups – Connect with other University employees for additional support in a variety of areas. These groups are outlined below. Sign up for available sessions through the University Calendar.
- Connect for Support is designed to provide employees with coping strategies and to create a space to connect and support one another.
- Working Parents Network gives working parents the opportunity to gather with other career-minded parents for advice and support.
- The EAP Supervisor Series, created specifically for employees in a managerial role, examines current managerial practices and expands knowledge of alternative ways to deal with conflict and the resources available.
- UR Medicine Crisis Call Line – Individuals may call (585) 275-8686 to speak with a professional when coping with issues related to a mental illness, for example, a panic or anxiety attack.
- Monroe Mobile Crisis Team – A mobile psychiatric emergency team that will meet individuals at their place of employment, home, etc. when experiencing a crisis in mental health.