Office of Human Resources
Regular full-time and part-time faculty and staff at the University of Rochester interested in weight management have the opportunity to participate in Weight Watchers meetings at work, in the community, or Online at a discounted rate. Individuals who successfully complete 16 consecutive weeks of either the in-person or Online program will receive a reimbursement of 50% of the program cost (subject to taxes). Note: You must register for Weight Watchers using the University of Rochester discount code to be eligible for the 50% reimbursement.
At Work Meeting
With Weight Watchers at Work, you have the convenience of Weight Watchers meetings in your workplace but may also attend meetings anywhere in your local community in place of the "at-work" meetings if it is more convenient for you. Subscriptions include access to eTools, an Internet weight loss companion that helps you stay on track between meetings. Meetings are typically between 30 minutes and 1 hour. See the list below for in-person meetings at the University of Rochester.
Weight Watchers @Work Group Meetings
|Tuesday||11:30am-12:15pm||Medical Center - ACF 2-1359 & ACF C 2-1361 - Click Here for room schedule||Christine Brower|
|Thursday||12:15pm-1:00pm||Medical Center - Click Here for room schedule||Alison Diehl|
|Thursday||12:15pm-1:00pm||Rochester Tech Park - 905 Elmgrove Rd, Building 5, room 2.153A||Christine Staples|
Participants enrolling in the online Weight Watchers program can follow the plan step-by-step entirely online with interactive tools and resources like a weight tracker, progress charts, restaurant guides and much more. It is available in two versions with tailored content specifically designed for men and women, speaking to each audience. Eligible individuals who log in at least once per week for 16 consecutive weeks may receive reimbursement by following these instructions .
|Weight Watchers Offering||U of R special pricing||Reimbursement||Reimbursement after completing 16 consecutive weeks|
provides access to community and At Work meetings
comes with free access to eTools
|Weight Watchers Online subscription*||$16.96/month||50%||$33.92/16 weeks|
*The reimbursement is based on pre-tax membership fees.
To enroll, please follow these steps:
- To enroll in group meetings or purchase an Online subscription, register on the Well-U program enrollment page.
- Once you've enrolled on the Well-U website, you will receive an email with the U of R discount code and instructions on how to sign up on the Weight Watchers website.
*You must enroll on the Weight Watchers website before you start attending meetings
- Have questions or issues with registration? Please contact Weight Watchers directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-651-6000.
- Learn more about the Weight Watchers program at www.weightwatchers.com or our FAQ page.
Receiving Your Reimbursement
Eligible individuals who complete 16 consecutive weeks of Weight Watchers at work or in the community may receive a reimbursement by scanning and emailing the following materials to a UR liaison (listed in the chart above). Those who complete 16 consecutive weeks of Weight Watchers Online may receive a reimbursement by scanning and emailing the following materials to email@example.com.
- A copy of your stamped passbook indicating 16 consecutive weeks attendance (Note: Please white out weights).
- A copy of your account status.
- Clearly indicate whether participation was at work, in the community or Online.