Emotional & Mental Health
Our Purpose. Your Journey.
At some point in life you will face challenges to your emotional or mental health. The University of Rochester offers many programs and services for employees and their families to help with stress, relationship issues, drug/alcohol dependency, and a variety of other life’s challenges.
Helping you thrive in everyday life
UR Medicine EAP
Professional and confidential guidance provided at no cost for employees and their immediate family members. The Employee Assistance Program will help assess issues, and provide short-term counseling and referral as needed with life events including:
- Anxiety or depression
- Child and adolescent issues
- Coping with chronic illness
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family, marriage, and other relationship issues
- Grief and bereavement
- Legal and financial problems
- Stress-related illness
- And more...
Behavioral Health Partners (BHP)
A unique mental health service offering confidential, short-term, evidence based treatment for stress, depression, and anxiety. Services include individual therapy, medication management, and consultation with primary care physicians.
Additional mental health resources
- UR Medicine Crisis Call Line - Individuals may call (585) 275-8686 to speak with a professional when coping with issues related to a mental illness, for example, a panic or anxiety attack.
- Monroe Mobile Crises Team - A mobile psychiatric emergency team that will meet individuals at their place of employment, home, etc. when experiencing a crisis in mental health.
Stressful situations impact our ability to remain productive and lead happy, healthy lives. Well-U offers resources to help you better manage stress at work and at home.